Monday, December 12, 2011

Introducing Tummy Baby!


Edie has dubbed her future bro or sis "tummy baby." It's cute, and relatively accurate, so it has stuck. We are excited for the new arrival but can't believe how fast time is going already. It seemed like I was pregnant with Edie for a lifetime, but this time round is just whipping along.

Even my baseline sleepiness got sleepier the last few months while I've been baking our newest addition. That beginning of pregnancy tired is wicked. And toddlers have no respect for it at all. I'm out of the first trimester now and am getting back my energy just in time to get fat. Hah! No, I've still not admitted to myself that I'll be waddling in a few months and I am really enjoying this downtime.

We are planning on waiting to find out Tummy Baby's sex, as we did with E. We've found a wonderful midwife who will do both my prenatal as well as the birth. If we are lucky enough to have as healthy of a pregnancy as last time, this kiddo will be delivered at home mid-June of 2012. I certainly don't want to count my chickens, but I'm hopeful and even a little optimistic that it will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment